Script Summary: Adds option to install script with an icon and/or updater plus the original script advisor. "So easy, a cavemonkey can do it"
Copyright: 2010+, Marti Martz (http://userscripts-mirror.org/users/37004)
License: GPL version 3 or any later version; http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html
Newest version handles the primary port not being available for USO. Currently all updaters are not available for scripts that don't have one... icons are not available since that's part of the wrapping... basically what is left right now is the Security Advisory... this is by design. When the primary port is restored I will reenable them and trigger another update. Existing hard-coded usoC users can still install but it takes about 20ish seconds to timeout and return the GM_log failure code. AAU hard-coded users will take even longer to timeout (I gave up waiting after 3 minutes). If you have the GMC homepage preference to force userscripts.org to install on the SSL channel... turn it off so you can install scripts.
If you like this script check out it's companion uso - Count Issues! BLAH BLAH BLAH! AHH AHH AHH AHH! ;) :)
When using Firefox 5.x+ the grey advisory throbs to indicate that information is being retrieved from userscripts.org (USO). Usually if this advisory stays solid grey on the strong "Install" button that means there may have been an unexpected error. The black advisory means there was probably an error with USO but is expected. If a weak advisory gradient is present on the "Install" or "Install with" button that usually means that there might be an embedded updater already in the script. Please check the tool tip, sidebar and/or source code to be sure. If the border tab color on "Install" or "Install with" changes to an advisory color that usually means there is already a known updater perhaps in addition to a possible embedded. Attaching an updater to the top-level script should only occur when the words "Install with" are present and an appropriate update provider is selected.
The Advisor is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish a Client/Attorney relationship. This is also no substitute for determining if a security risk is actually present even if it is green.
- usoCheckup Μετα (Optional Full Secure Connection; but Gravatar or script icon is still added if not already present for [@icon](http://sf.net/apps/mediawiki/greasemonkey/index.php?title=Metadata_Block#.40icon))
- usoCheckup βετα (BETA RUNTIME of usoCheckup... NOT ALWAYS ONLINE AND MAY NOT BE FUNCTIONAL)
- usoCheckup (Multilingual; Optional Full Secure connection; Secure meta.js with fallback to Unsecure meta.js; Show script homepage OR Install Directly)
- usoCheckup + Otto Show Theme (Show script homepage in a background tab)
- usoCheckup + Otto Install Theme (Install Directly)
NOTE: Implicit trust of top-level script. Use with caution.
- usoCheckup + bottomsUp Theme (Opens USO nav bar in an iframe) (NOTE: BETA and EXPERIMENTAL... may not always work and not ready for production usage due to changes with iframe)
- usoCheckup + DOMNotify Theme (Show script homepage or Directly Install)
- Another Auto Updater (en-US, Optional Partial Secure Connection; Secure meta.js with fallback to Unsecure meta.js; Show script homepage mode only) NOTE: Currently this updater may be in experimental status and not always online.
This is by no means a complete listing... Many thanks to those who have mentioned this script around the globe! :)
but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the
GNU General Public License and the GNU Lesser General Public License for more details.
Room for improvement
There is always room for improvement. And the fact that there is, is truly a blessing.
There is always something new to be learned. There are always fresh ideas to be explored.
No matter how good life is, there are ways to make it even better. Love and joy and fulfillment do not ever get used up.
You can make today more beautiful, more productive, more meaningful than yesterday. And you can make tomorrow even better.
Each moment is another opportunity to create new value. Each day is yours to fill with positive experience.
Whether you've been up or you've been down, whether life is now good or not so good,this is the time to make it better. Make a little improvement, and then a little more, and keep reaching higher and higher.
-- Ralph Marston
- "Certainly I have learned nothing in this thread." -- Descriptor
- LouCypher report
- ironside report
Johan Sundström wrote:And he wonders why I believe he has a personal vendetta.
He still thinks I have a personal vendetta with him...It's probably just some autism; Marti's perseverence is useful, when it is well guided, and very counter-useful when not.
<ecmanaut> Sigh. I hope Martii isn't bugging you about your fork efforts, erikvold.Certainly no truth in his displayed willful promotion of hatred.
<erikvold> so bothersome
<erikvold> can't stick to a point..
<erikvold> github really needs blocking features
<ecmanaut> I appreciated him pinging me a heads-up about your forum post (which I had probably missed or not found until way later, had it not been for that), but he already seems to start spreading bad mojo all over again.
<erikvold> he needs to die I think, only real solution
<erikvold> 100s yrs ago, he'd have a sword in his gut