Script Summary: Disables the Ctrl-W key, preventing the tab from being closed (so you don't lose your work).
License: Dual licensed under the MIT and GPL licenses.
Disables the Ctrl-W key, preventing the tab from being closed (so you don't lose your work).
By default, this is enabled for all URLs. If you want Ctrl-W to work for most URLs and only be disabled for certain URLs (eg the ones where you enter data, such as the WordPress Edit Posts screen), then follow these instructions:
1. Right-click the Greasemonkey icon in your browser's status bar.
2. Choose Manage User Scripts.
3. Find the Disable Ctrl-W entry, click on it, then click on Included Pages.
4. Remove the http://* entry
5. Add entries for the URLs you want Ctrl-W disabled (eg http://*/wp-admin/*)
6. Close - and you should be done.